200 Hr Yoga Teacher Training Overview
Deepen your practice and take the steps towards a yogic lifestyle!
We strictly follow the recommended standards and guidelines of Yoga Alliance. We are approved to train yoga teachers at level YTT 200. After examination with the Yoga Alliance approved system you will attain an international certification and be ready to teach anywhere in the world.
With this program you can realize your dreams and transform your life as we have seen happened with hundreds of students since we started training yoga teachers in 2004. As a student of our school you will get support every step of the way as you go through our effective and comprehensive curriculum.
The purpose of this Yoga Teacher Training program is to provide a safe space for growth and the support you need in this process.
Yoga has become a global movement towards inner peace, happiness and health. Our purpose is to provide you with the necessary tools and knowledge for your self transformation as well as for teaching others the physical, mental and spiritual benefits of yoga.
Through asana practice, pranayama, guided meditation, reading, journaling and group conversations you will become deeply connected in yourself, start to understand the many dimensions of yoga and assimilate yoga into your every day life. With dynamic teaching exercises and theoretical studies you will gain the skills you need to become a leader and reach out into the world.
The 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training is an opportunity for participants to gain a solid foundation of knowledge with which you can confidently, safely and effectively teach an Ashtanga Vinyasa yoga class for beginners. This program is a big commitment in energy, time and resources and we intend to share our expertise and support each student individually as they go through the process of learning and growing. This Yoga Teacher Training is a life changing experience and we look forward to working with you.
The Yoga Teacher Training course outline:
History and Philosophy of Yoga
- Yoga Sutras of Patanjali.
- 8 limbs of Ashtanga Yoga.
- T. Krishnamachayra
- Sri K. Pattabhi Jois
- Modern influences.
Anatomy and physiology
- Terminolgy of anatomy
- Applied yoga anatomy
- The nervous system
- The hormonal system
- Ujjayi Breath – theory and practice.
- Working with breath in Ashtanga sequences.
- Names (Sanskrit and English)
- Sun Salutations (Suryanamaskara) A and B – theory and practice.
- Standing, seated, and finishing asanas of the Primary Series with a detailed breakdown of the poses.
- Practice and benefits of the asanas.
- Verbal, visual and hands-on adjustments.
Chakras/ Naulis/ Bandhas
- Names and functions
- Locations and importance
- Nauli and Neti kriya – theory and practice
- Bandhas – theory and practice
Ashtanga Yoga Vinyasa System Practicing and teaching the sequences
- Full Primary Series
- Modified Primary Series
- Mixed Levels Routine
- Modified Intermediate Series (Rocket II)
- Minimum Daily requirement)
Becoming a teacher
- Principles of teaching
- Etiquette/ responsibility in the classroom
- Finding your own voice as a teacher
- Developing a personal teaching philosophy
- Marketing yourself as a teacher
The participants in the Yoga Teacher Training will be expected to:
- Be fully present and participate actively in the training.
- Building an everyday self practice.
- Practice teaching with other participants in the group.
- Complete all the written assignments.
- Complete the final written assignment.
- Demonstrate the ability to teach a complete Modified Primary Series for beginner students as a final exam.
Certification Requirements Details
An international certification is granted upon completion of the listed requirements by us and Yoga Alliance. We are registered with Yoga Alliance UK and Yoga Alliance US.
A minimum of 2 years of regular yoga practice is required for participating in the 200 hours training.
Our schools provide adequate training to yoga teachers, enabling them to teach safely and competently. To register with YAUS and use the title and Registry Mark of Registered Yoga School (RYS®), yoga schools must submit their training syllabus for review and agree to maintain a curriculum that meets Yoga Alliance Standards.
Yoga teachers who complete a RYS teacher training program are generally eligible to apply to register as a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT®).
Yoga Alliance Professionals (UK) CREDENTIALING
Our training school has met the stringent requirements set by Yoga Alliance UK, demonstrating that our courses are of the highest standard and that our graduates may use the title ‘Registered Yoga Teacher’ RYT as a sign of quality training when they register themselves with Yoga Alliance UK.
Yoga teachers who complete a RYS teacher training program are generally eligible to apply to register as a Registered Yoga Teacher.
All our Trainers are E-RYT 200 registered through the Yoga Alliance Organization. Please see each training for details.
(Please note that this is an example and it might change depending on location.)
6.45-7.00 am Tea
7.00-9.00 am Morning Practice; self practice or led class, meditation, pranayama, chanting or kryas.
9.00-10.00 am Break fast
10.00 – 1.00 pm Study; group work or lecture.
1.00 -2.00 pm Lunch
2.00-4.00 pm Study; group work or lecture.
4.30-6.00 pm Evening Practice; led class, practicing teaching
6.30 pm Dinner
Breakdown of Program Hours
- 115 hrs Techniques, training and practice
- 33 hrs Teaching methodology
- 20 hrs Anatomy and physiology
- 36 hrs philosophy, lifestyle and ethics
- 10 hrs teaching, assisting and observing group classes
- 6 hrs seva (selfless service)
- TOTAL: 220 (inclusive home study)
On the first day of the program you will be handed a manual, containing the basics of Ashtanga Yoga. You will also receive a workbook with guides, exercises and home assignments to guide you successfully through the program step by step. The study material is included in the course.
REKOMMENDED LITERATURE FOR THE TRAINING
- “Ashtanga Yoga Manual” by David Swenson
- “The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali” by Sri Swami Satchidananda
- “Yoga Anatomy” by Leslie Kaminoff