Yoga Teacher Training
Be a part of the silent revolution come and do your ashtanga yoga teacher training in Nicaragua with us – spreading the love of the practice all over the planet and support people in finding their inner light – as Larry, the founder of It´s Yoga, expressed it:
“There is nothing more satisfying to me as a teacher than to watch the glow with which people arise from Savasana. Often people walk into It’s Yoga with worry, stress and tiredness written all over their faces but when they leave, they show the effects of Ashtanga Yoga: they feel better and look better, lighter, freer, more relaxed and energized. This is why to me, teaching Ashtanga Yoga is a kind of self-realization; every time I lead class I, as a teacher, grow and express the insights of my own yoga. I see people take in the practice from various different angles and develop, change and transcend their limitations, realize their possibilities.
—Larry Schultz, Yoga Dragonden Blog:In Memoriam: Larry Schultz 1950-2011, Feb 19, 2011
Deepen your practice and take the steps towards a yogic lifestyle!
We strictly follow the recommended standards and guidelines of Yoga Alliance. We are approved to train yoga teachers at level YTT 200. After examination and for those who graduate, with the Yoga Alliance approved system you will become a confident and effective Ashtanga Yoga Instructor and you can also attain an international certification. It´s Yoga has been doing ashtanga yoga teacher training programs for over 15 years and graduated more than 3000 yoga teachers. The It´s Yoga Ashtanga Teacher Training supports students in deepening their understanding and relationship to the practice by studying the basic ingredients: breath, bandhas and dristi. With revolutionary methods to make the practice accessible and appropriate, our approach is modern, therapeutic, challenging, supportive and steeped in tradition.
The purpose of this Yoga Teacher Training program is to provide a supportive environment in which students begin to connect with their inner teacher, internal wisdom and authentic voice.
Through pranayama, asana practice, mind-body, journalism, group conversation, reading and guided meditation, students will practice the essential process of conscious listening to your own higher self. The Yoga Teacher Training is designed to provide participants with a solid foundation of knowledge and information with which you can confidently and effectively facilitate an Ashtanga Vinyasa yoga class for beginners. We will share our expertise about marketing, pricing, teaching group or private classes, and setting up your own yoga school. We intend to support each student as they develop, deepen, appreciate and expand their understanding of their true authentic self. Through basic study of philosophy, personal alignment, modifications of classical poses, pranayama practices, and individual instruction, this intimate Yoga Teacher Training is sure to be a life enhancing experience. We look forward to working with you.
The Yoga Teacher Training course outline:
History and Philosophy of Yoga
- Yoga Sutras of Patanjali.
- 8 limbs of Ashtanga Yoga.
- T. Krishnamachayra
- Sri K. Pattabhi Jois
- Modern influences.
Anatomy and physiology
- Terminolgy of anatomy
- Applied yoga anatomy
- The nervous system
- The hormonal system
- Ujjayi Breath – theory and practice.
- Working with breath in Ashtanga sequences.
- Names (Sanskrit and English)
- Sun Salutations (Suryanamaskara) A and B – theory and practice.
- Standing, seated, and finishing asanas of the Primary Series with a detailed breakdown of the poses.
- Practice and benefits of the asanas.
- Verbal, visual and hands-on adjustments.
Chakras/ Naulis/ Bandhas
- Names and functions
- Locations and importance
- Nauli and Neti kriya – theory and practice
- Bandhas – theory and practice
It’s Yoga Vinyasa System Practicing and teaching the sequences
- Full Primary Series
- Modified Primary Series
- Mixed Levels Routine
- Modified Intermediate Series (Rocket II)
- Minimum Daily requirement)
Becoming a teacher
- Principles of teaching
- Etiquette/ responsibility in the classroom
- Finding your own voice as a teacher
- Developing a personal teaching philosophy
- Marketing yourself as a teacher
The participants in the Yoga Teacher Training will be expected to:
- Be fully present and participate actively in the training.
- Building an everyday self practice.
- Practice teaching with other participants in the group.
- Complete all the written assignments.
- Complete the final written assignment.
- Demonstrate the ability to teach a complete Modified Primary Series for beginner students as a final exam.
Certification Requirements Details
An international certification is granted upon completion of the listed requirements by It´s Yoga and Yoga Alliance. Each It’s Yoga School is also registered as RYT 200 as an alternate location of It’s Yoga International.
All It’s Yoga Trainers are E-RYT 200 registered through the Yoga Alliance Organization. Please see each training for details.
(Please note that this is an example and it might change depending on location.)
6.45-7.00 am Tea
7.00-9.00 am Morning Practice; self practice or led class, meditation, pranayama, chanting or kryas.
9.00-10.00 am Break fast
10.00 – 1.00 pm Study; group work or lecture.
1.00 -2.00 pm Lunch
2.00-4.00 pm Study; group work or lecture.
4.30-6.00 pm Evening Practice; led class, practicing teaching
6.30 pm Dinner
Breakdown of Program Hours
- 115 hrs Techniques, training and practice
- 33 hrs Teaching methodology
- 20 hrs Anatomy and physiology
- 36 hrs philosophy, lifestyle and ethics
- 10 hrs teaching, assisting and observing group classes
- 6 hrs seva (selfless service)
- TOTAL: 220 (inclusive home study)
Yoga Alliance certification program: This compilation of materials shares the ancient practice of Ashtanga in terms that every yoga enthusiast can learn from, both the basic beginner to the most advanced practitioner. >>>>>>>Click here for a sample of the Ashtanga Yoga Manual.
REKOMMENDED LITERATURE FOR THE TRAINING
- “Ashtanga Yoga Manual” by David Swenson
- “The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali” by Sri Swami Satchidananda
- “Yoga Anatomy” by Leslie Kaminoff >>>>>>Click here to buy the recommend books.